Dark and enjoyable
Though I enjoyed the 3-box comic and animation more than the main animation... the black and white style is more fitting to the dark thoughts Charlie is having, and overal it felt more creative than the style of the main animation. I would love to see you do a complete animation like that! Overal lovely dark and good animation! Great choice in music as well.
I thought it was a complete RIP-OFF ^^' .......no? too soon?
Glad you didn´t reverse the audio ^^
One question... did you animate it in this order or did you first animate it FWD and then reverse the whole thing? Because I had the feeling that some things wheren't RWD, like the part where he smiles at the girl. But it was a real soothing experience, except for the fact that you know he's gonna die right from the start hehe! Shame you didn't show that part though... ^^ But it wouldn't fit in the whole look and feel of it, i know... Still a Newgrounder, can't blame me! Thumbs up for this movie, really creative and fresh!
Last thing (even if I said 'one question' hehe) The girl in the preloader is really well drawn, but I found the facial features of your characters quite lacking, even for anime style drawing. Do you think you could incorperate the style of the preloader a bit more in your animations? You've got drawing skills you know, shame to kinda not see that in the actual animations. But it might be a personal opinion.
Good stuff anyway!
Great game, but got some pointers......
This is one of the most addictive games I have ever played on Newgrounds! The progression is done really well, and the art and SFX are great as well. I´ve played untill I got all medals haha :D
But there are some things I'd like to see in the next update in order for it to be perfect:
- Level progression, with bigger / wackier / harder "enemies" as you progress
- Multiple soundtracks, one per level for example
- More stuff / enemies in the sky / space... it's really quiet and cold up there!
- A way to upload your highscore in terms of distance / score, compete with others
- Maybe a poco-stick (temporary), that would be cool! So you don't loose speed when you hit the ground.
- A way to end the game, I've got tons of money and all the stuff from the store now... so there's not really a reason for me to continue if I can't post my highscores. Credits if you beat all medals would be nice (with the ability to continue with all your items intact offcourse, or start all over)
Thanks for this great game, I had a blast with it! ^^
so easy...so addictive!
Heeell yeah ;) nice one bob, maybe you could add in bitmap support next time! :D But all in all, superb application, nice to see it work on the fly too!
Thumbs up for you!
Bitmap support as in save to disc function? I thought of that and I looked around but currently it's impossible to do with only Flash.
Thanks for the review.
Addictive gameplay, bit little variation
Nice little game it is ;) But it misses power-ups, or items you can gather, the field is a bit too plane for a game like this to be succesfull.
But the tractorbeam (HL2 deja vu) feels nice and natural. But I suggest you pimp up the gameplay with some extra's.
Nice game, you'll get there!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.